A big thanks to Cassie for kicking off the guest post series! Be sure to check out her blog Moon Face -- it's like a relaxing Saturday afternoon in virtual form, and while you're at it, visit her etsy shop, full of art and the cutest crocheted goodies.
Hi there, it's Cassie from Moon Face! Natalie has kindly asked me to guest blog here today, seeing as she's preparing for a cross-country trip! (Take lots of photos along the way for us, Nat!)
Well, my topic today is "Reasons Why I Love My City." And although I currently live in Los Angeles, and there are literally thousands of reasons why one would love it here, I've decided to write about my hometown, Santa Barbara. Because that will always be where my heart is.
1. It's a sunny, laid-back beach town. The kind of place where you feel like you're on vacation year round. All the great feedback from tourists makes me so proud to have been born and raised there.
2. The shopping! All the great thrift/antique stores and little boutiques :) I can't tell you how many gems I've found in all my time rummaging through shops there.
3. The historic buildings, great restaurants, and friendly people. There's so much culture to experience. The Mission, the museums, the festivals, the hole-in-the-wall restaurants, etc.
4. The fact that I can drive around town and not get lost, and not want to kill someone because I've been stuck in traffic for 45 mins.
5. The nightlife. State Street...I miss you!
Hope you enjoyed my list! I'd love to hear about your time spent in Santa Barbara, if you've ever been. If you haven't, I definitely recommend visiting :)
Thanks for having me!