Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Guest Post: I Heart New York's West Village

As soon as I learned Amy was a Georgia girl living in New York City, she won me over. Her blog Old Sweet Song is funny and honest and completely charming. She recently moved to the West Village, a neighborhood that holds a special place in my heart as I spent my college years in the area.

PS - I'll be back tomorrow!
***

Why do I love the West Village? Let me count the ways...

...quaint hidden streets full of charm...



...stumbling upon stunning details...



...Christopher Street Pier at Hudson River Park (one of, if not my absolute favorite spot in the city. love being by the water)...



...the best places to eat and drink in the whole world. Right around the corner from me...


To name a few: Grey Dog Coffee, 8th Street Wine Cellar, Cabrito, Joe's Pizza, The Original Sandwich Shoppe, Jack's Coffee, Daddy-O

...constant celeb sightings (nerd alert) Recently...


...and lastly (which is good for this newly single gal) there is romance around every corner.



[photos courtesy of: briansotherphotopage1987porsche944catchesthelightzzombiekitty; sionfullanakevinbnyc sionfullanaeudaimon ]

9 comments:

  1. "Romance around every corner" sounds like my kind of city. Thanks for the guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the west village. one of my favorite neighborhoods in nyc. and a great place for shopping, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, i can't wait to go visit my sister in law there again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to NYC, Natalie! And thanks for having me. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. The West Village is my favorite spot in all the city. I lived in the neighborhood and found it magical.

    And I miss Jack's Coffee SO much!

    Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this post! I definitely need to explore this area of new york more.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE NYC, was just there a month ago! You should enter my etsy giveaway on my blog !

    http://annalynnreilly.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could have used this fabulous post before I went to NYC. I'll refer to it next time I go! Great pics!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips