Wednesday, September 12, 2012

On Blogshop and the World of Blogging


As I mentioned on Monday, I attended Blogshop over the weekend. The two-day class is taught by the mega-talented Bri Emery and Angela Kohler (who took the photos below) and is basically Photoshop bootcamp created with bloggers in mind. It was so helpful and fun for someone like me who only knew the teensiest bit about Photoshop. Now I feel pretty comfortable with it and am eager to play around and experiment. My mom is also very excited about my new ability to remove wrinkles in photos.

For some reason, I always feel strange talking about blogging on my blog. I don't know why, but I have this "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" feeling about it. Whenever I talk about my blog with people, my inclination is to get very shy about it and say it's just a hobby, and while that's true, it's more than that. I love sharing photos and ideas and moments and things I love with you, and I love hearing back from you and seeing glimpses of your life. And while there are times when writer's block, bad lighting and that beast known as comparison creep in, creating this little space brings me a lot of joy as do all of you who take the time to visit it.

So I may spend more time editing photos, I may try to incorporate graphics and gifs and prettier fonts, and I may finally get around to that redesign I've been thinking about for two years, but all of that isn't really the heart of it for me. What I care about is The SoHo adding a little bit of brightness to your day with something that makes you smile or say "ooo" or occasionally makes you hungry, okay more than occasionally. That's the part of this whole blogging thing that keeps me inspired and motivated, and I thank you all for sticking with me. You're as wonderful as a chocolate cookie sandwich!

17 comments:

  1. The SoHo ALWAYS makes me smile! Now about those wrinkles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!
    I could really use a course like that sometime too.
    I love your little photo montage : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. so adorable! love that photo of you!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your gif could NOT be any cuter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogshop seems like such an empowering class! I also have little experience with Photoshop and have been intimidated to teach myself more. I can't wait to see how you implement the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I hope you had a blast and learned a ton at Blogshop. I can't wait to see all the fun tweaks on The SoHo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, last photo(?)- is amazing! Your look so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your candor. I feel the same way about blogging and blogging about blogging and YES about the comparison. For what it's worth, I think your blog is delightful just as it is, and I will keep coming back even if you make zero changes to the way it looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures made me smile. And I LOVE visiting with you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO CUTE! I love that photo series of you. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love blogs so much because they are so personal - each one is so unique and individual, but at the same time there is a very great community! I love your blog and can't wait to see what's still to come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your gif is so cute! blogshop is the best, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know just what you mean about talking about the man behind the curtain–it's so intimidating! But at the end of the day, readers don't always notice editing or fancy fonts–they care about that adorable girl behind (or in front of) the curtain, eating a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your blog and shouldn't be afraid to come out from behind it. Love all the food pics and recipes too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips