Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bold Blood Orange Soda


I love the ridiculously bold color you discover when you slice into a blood orange. I decided to translate that vibrance to liquid form by making my own blood orange soda. I liked the ratio I ended up with, but you can certainly make it more orangey or sweeter depending on your taste. Serve over ice with a sprig of mint. It's the winter fruit that tastes like summertime in a glass.

Blood Orange Soda
1 cup blood orange juice (4-5 oranges)
3 cups sparkling water
1 tablespoon simple syrup, chilled

9 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic! I've never had a blood orange.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I may swap the sparking water for champagne and turn this into a blood orange mimosa for brunch next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. easy. healthy. can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try this! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this - I have been trying to figure out how to use blood oranges for a fun drink and this is easy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips