Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine Cards and Carrier


I've got two more simple Valentine's Day DIYs for you. First, this tote bag. You need a canvas tote bag (I found one with a cute red handle here), fabric paint, painter's tape, a foam brush, fabric, and fabric glue. Lay strips of tape across the tote and paint in the gaps with gold fabric paint. I'd suggest lining the bag with something, like a paper bag or cardboard, to ensure the paint doesn't seep through to the other side. After the bag has plenty of time to dry, remove the tape. Cut hearts out of the fabric of your choice, I went with a gold faux leather, and attach them to the bag using fabric glue. A little more drying time and you have a Valentine-themed tote bag to carry around all the cards and chocolate you'll be receiving. I've been calling it my Valentote.

To make the card, I just turned to my collection of washi tape. Use some heavy paper or card stock and decorate with the tape however you like. There you go, homemade valentines and a bag to deliver them in.

10 comments:

  1. That card is adorable with all of the different styled tape on it! Happy Valentines Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such an adorable tote bag! And I'm such a fan of using novelty tapes, they make everything more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet idea! I've always wanted to make my own bag.

    From Brooklyn with love,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so adorable!!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute idea! love the gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you're just too blasted clever! Very sweet. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww these are so cute! :) x

    flora-fricker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute ideas! I love the card with all the different styles of tape.

    hope you are well,
    e

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are both such clever ideas. I am awful at crafts, though. I think I will stick with making the sugary pretzels - I'm much better at baking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking that I need to create my own collection of washi tape! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips