Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Cocktail: The Hummingbird


I think this flirty pink drink is perfect for Valentine's Day. It's light, citrusy and bubbly, my favorite qualities in a beverage. The recipe is courtesy of St. Germain, makers of the French elderflower liqueur. I just substituted a sparkling rosé for the champagne to achieve the delicate shade of pink.

The (Pink) Hummingbird
Recipe courtesy of St. Germain

2 parts Brut champagne or dry sparkling wine, rosé if you prefer
1 1/2 parts St. Germain
2 parts club soda or sparkling water

Stir ingredients, mixing completely. Serve cold or over ice in a tall glass. Garnish with a lemon twist or peel.

Happy Valentine's Day! Thanks for indulging me in my Valentine's week projects! In case you missed it:
a heart tee
amaretto mousse and heart-shaped cookies
a sweet pretzel for your sweetheart
cards and a carrier

12 comments:

  1. Yep, this sounds amazing. I love anything with St Germain in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so so yummy!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! A like the idea of a Valentine's cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with st germaine. It might be the best tasting thing ever! Happy Valentine's Day, pal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks sounds delicious, and it's so pretty! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds so fun, and looks even better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a day late but i love this flirty cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute and totally perfect for a romantic occasion. I love St. Germain! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips