Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve


I wanted a festive Valentine's Day shirt this year, so I bought a long sleeve tee, a sequin heart patch and went to work. I found this ridiculously affordable shirt at Target, and I bought the heart patch at a local fabric store, but you can also find them online. Put on the shirt, figure out where you want the heart and pin it in place. You may need some help with this, but I managed to do it myself on a Saturday morning, while Jonah was fast asleep. Sew the patch on around its edge with matching thread. Now you can wear your heart on your sleeve.

What you need:
1 long sleeve shirt
1 3-inch wide heart patch, preferably sparkly
needle and thread

15 comments:

  1. so adorable!!!


    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! What local fabric store? I am always on the lookout for places up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smart idea - love it! And I'm totally stealing this from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this idea. Thanks for sharing and great photos, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, I went to Mood Fabrics on 37th, but there are tons of fabric shops right around there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this...so adorable :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to try this adorable project but I don't know how to sew. I know, it's pathetic..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever, simple, and so great!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips